illini union hr department

henry big loop 44 mag

**Please note that some models already come with large loop installed from the factory, so make sure to checkwhat your gun came with before ordering. Big Boy 44 mag. Have you tried a shotgun slip sling? Yup I can shoot and have had much practice since I was a kid on the farm in Mass. 2007-2023 Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. Plus, in the day and age of The Freedom Group and ilk, its wonderful to support a company that is adamant about manufacturing quality rifles in the USA. You can learn more about how we use cookies and keep your data private by visiting our our Privacy Policy. You can unsubscribe at any time and we do not share or sell your information, ever. Mine has one tiny spot that is almost impossible to see so Im insanely protective of it. It is only to provide you with normal web site functionality. I prefer this gun over my 30-30 model 94 winchester. I have both brass and black, but of course the brass is a work of art in my opinion. Also have three .32 Winchester Specials, one 1955 and two 1957s. I just picked up a Big Boy in 45 Colt yesterday at Cabelas (after searching for months in vain) and promptly took it to the range and ran 100 rounds though it. Ive had a Marlin 30/30 since I was a kid but the brass look and the more comfortable design of the old style levers are great. Please enable Preference & Functionality Cookies first so that we can save your preferences! They are Beautiful but even more stunning in person. It took me over six months to get the .17HMR because a storm destroyed the factory. Something had broken.got home I guess fired round had cooled off so it finally ejected round leaving 4 deep gouge in fired round.for $900 that rife should be perfect guess will have to sent back to henery to have it check out. 22 long rifle Golden Boy: Very smooth action, pretty accurate with open sites. Reloading the Henry in a high-stress or situation is as practical a proposition as a kickstand on an Abrams tank. I am going to be using it in CAS competitions. You dont want a seized-up lever when that moose is in your sights, so dont forget to Loctite the lever screw. I am real excited right now because I am going to West Texas Thursday for four days and am taking all the Henrys and plenty of ammo. If sling is not needed in your situation, you can always remove & put it in your pocket. Smoothest action of all the leverguns, with the best fit and finishand for anything this side of a full-scale zombie apocalypse, you probably wont need more than ten rounds. Please enable Preference & Functionality Cookies first so that we can save your preferences! The rifle was a couple of years old but had never been fired before that day. What ammo do you guys recommend for the 45 long colt? $499.99, Henry Big Boy .41 Magnum Lever-Action Rifle You should expect to receive some discount from our M.S.R. FYI Its an Abrams tank, not Abrahams. I am not impressed the first time I shot my henery 44 mag it would not eject the fired round.so went home though. I would have to say she is accurate. We know very well that no two people agree on the ideal rifle, so we not only give you your choice of Big Boy calibers in .357 Mag/.38 Special, .44 Mag/.44 Special, and .45 Colt, but you can also choose between either a standard 20 barrel and lever, or a compact 16.5 barrel fitted with a large-loop lever for cold-weather gloved use (or just-because style points in general). Best Designed For The Henry .44 Magnum Big Boy Deluxe III is for sale! Next on my list- a pump action 22 magnum! He said he had bought it brand new just a month before and had only put 10 rounds through it to test function, then cleaned it and put it away. Since then I came across this review and am relieved to learn that I am in good company. Thanks for info. Youll be able to carry your rifle at the ready, like a guitar, or sling over your back. $622.00 Youre a better marksman that me. We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. Both long and short models feature clean checkering on fore-end and straight-wrist stock, our adjustable buck and bead sights, an automatic in-hammer transfer bar safety, and our best-of-both-worlds side loading gate and removable tube magazine configuration. Damn thats a beautiful rifle. For thats where Henry Repeating Arms Co. makes its lever action rifles, including the .357, .44 and .45 Big Boy . They are a cut above, & as you said they are made in the USA. Just bought a big boy in 41 Remington Magnum. Henry corrected the problem and returned. Any specifics, not opinions, but test specifics No man can just look at these rifles, they have to hold them, so be prepared to clean often. Its a Henry and built to the same standards as every other shotgun or rifle in our line. I was never a big fan of the open buckhorn anyway. The downfall of a side loader in modern times is the sore pinched thumb that comes with pushing pistol cartridges into the mag and more importantly, having to work the action over and over and over to unload the magazine. Kevin Maguire I did this, and it completely solved the problem. You can learn more about how we use cookies and keep your data private by visiting our our Privacy Policy. I might try approaching Henry directly to see if there is something I can do to tighten up the rear sight. No point in me trying any more than 100 yds, although I have seen Matt Dillon, et, al shoot accurately a mile or more. Henry Big Boy X Model, Lever Action, 44 Magnum/.44 SPL, 17.5" Threaded Barrel, Blued Finish, Black Synthetic Stock, M-Lok, Large Loop Lever, Picatinny, 7Rd, Brass Drilled and Tapped for a BB-RSM, Adjustable Fiber Optic Sights H012X. Think in terms of deer, etc. They will let us know how many pages you have visited, and provide other functions required to use the site. Plus, is there a more iconic American caliber for the lever action than the .45 Colt? See plan details 3 year Repair with 3 Maintenances - 1 Annual Maintenance - $129.99 It is what is needed that counts. Again a good review. Very accurate with iron sights. It was not set in one of the notches of the rear sight. (Well, Id like to see Henry offer the pistol-caliber Big Boys in a blued version, as they do the .30-30. Receive an occasional email from us with new product announcements, news, and notifications of future Henry events. I read a lot on here about the .44 magnum, and do love that cartridge, but remember you can buy or load .45 Colt to the same power level and get a bigger bullet to boot. All Firearms MUST ship to an FFL Dealer If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. Love my Henry Big Boy 44! My thanks to you gentlemen who replied to my query. As far as the magazine goes, the tube magazine is a plus in my book. My case hardened Henry Colt 45 carbine will push 255 grain lead (cowboy) over 8 grains of Unique (again, cowboy load). Great review of a new classic! There you go! I purchased a Big Boy for my husband for Christmas. YES expect the rear iron sight to fail! They are absolutely beautiful rifles and if you get one be prepared to deal with the paparazzi lol. And like our classic Big Boy the attention to detail in the design features great Western styling including a large loop lever that makes holding this rifle as thrilling as it is to shoot. $ 1,017.00. Over all we shot over 500 rounds most of them were the smaller calibers and no problems after I got rid of the 38 wad cutters. away. In my particular style of hunting I do a lot of walking on a typical outing. I have the 44 mag big boy. Action: Lever-action, tubular magazine, external hammer w/transfer bar passive safety I have a Mossberg in .410 not sure if thats good enough if a 500 lb Boar decides he does not like me for some reason , I appreciate very much the question that the Author makes per se regarding the correct plural form of the word -forum-, this ancient latin noun means -place where the citizens meet to speak and trade-. Unfortunately the prices had risen dramatically not long after I bought mine and the price made my head spin but they are what I call heirloom quality guns and ours will definitely be passed down to family someday so its hard to put a value on something like that. gift at this store also with top quality. Its been a challenge to try and evaluate the Henry on its own merits. $1,001.00 Heres what I think of the Big Boy .44. Stay tuned. I picked up my Big Boy 44 yesterday and all I can say is Wow, I will be leaveing it to my childern. What I did not expect was the absolute breathtaking beauty and awesomeness one feels when holding this rifle. More durable than the polished brassalthough the brass Henrys are truly a work of art.). I was 15 and scored an Oregon buck with it. Thanks [emailprotected]. Recently purchased a 22LR Golden Boy and must say, it has the smoothest action and is the flattest shooting rifle in my gun safe. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. $45.99 I am confused. But in offhand firing the Big Boys gravity suck soaks up the recoil of the .44 Magnum. This really brings out the esthetics of the rifle and adds to the historical western tradition. I bought it to go with my Taurus Raging Bull (6 1/2 barrel) .44 Mag. If you are looking for a leaver action riffle and not worried about Speed loading this bad boy is for you. Better take your golf cart to lug this 8+ pound monster thru the bush & the sunlight reflecting off that brass receiver would be a dead give away to deer. For students of the history and romance of so-called cowboy rifles, Bayonne, New Jersey isnt a particularly evocative locale. Try that with other companies. Great review. its a dream come true for me. Price, Henry Big Boy Carbine! I still get a thrill every time I take it out of the case to clean it or just to look at it. or can be picked up in our Retail Store Trim off the excess, burn the ends of the para-cord. . the words of this person are fake and sound like they are translated from another language. The choices for a new 22 pump are rather limited. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. I had to save my allowance for a year to pay for mine and my wife tolerates the idea. While testing the Henry Big Boy and writing this review, I inevitably found myself comparing the two. Within 150 yards, that game is going down. Henry owners have my personal guarantee to make certain that they are 100% satisfied with their purchase of our firearms. Those extra pounds mean the Big Boy lacks the marvelously quick handling of a smaller, shorter carbine like the .357 Magnum Marlin 1894C. I raised the rear sight to the second notch and my next three were in the bull with a 1 inch group. Sorry did not mean to get so wordy. The rifle will easily handle the high power stuff so you can choose from mild to wild. Thanks for the tips. The price of .44 Magnum ammunition put some limitations on the quantities of ammo we could afford to run through the Big Boy compared to other pistol calibers. Very accurate and I have never had any problems with it except self-induced. Just a small thank you for all you did to help me earlier this year and for all you do for the NRA. Henry Big Boy Carbine Lever 41 Magnum 16.5 7+1 American Walnut Stock Bl $ 878.49. It feels solid. I believe this is still a 100-150 yard weapon even with the scope. The .45 Colt Big Boy will run every bit as wild as the .44 magnum so if you want the power, dont forget the .45 Colt. He is a deadly shot. I also found drill less leather slings with brass tabs and rivets. Hats off to HRA for the manufacture of a superb productthank you so much! I did contact Henry and they said the receiver and lockup mechanism is more than capable of handling the +P loads designed for Rugers if I so desired. The 16.5 octagonal barrel is outfitted with a classic fully adjustable semi-buckhorn rear sight with a reversible white diamond insert and a brass beaded front-sight. i put a scope on mine and I love It. You might be able to tie your front loop around the front stock instead. Despite some speculation in the gun forums (fora?) I am pretty confused on just what Frank Bray is talking about. You see I am a retired Army Officer, Ranger. The Henry BB could be the best gun in the world but by the end of the day Id be crawling on my bell back to camp under that 8+ pounds of weight. Other than caliber, the Big Boy Carbines are all pretty much identical. Two M16 type sling brackets. Though not the prettiest solution, an appropriate length of Schedule 40 grey electrical PVC with a sealed cap at one end and a formed cotter pin inserted at the other serves well as a speed loader for the tubular magazine of the Big Boys. of H110 under a Hornady 240 gr. The Big Boys receiver is machined from a solid lump of a proprietary brass alloy. Ive put the Bayou leather sling (extra wide for comfort) on my Henry 357 and it looks like it was made for the gun. But the Big Boy [reportedly] does fine with bullets up to and including 270 grains. I agree with those comments on the Big Boys weight. The tubular magazine tops off at 7 rounds. The .44 Magnum is sold out. When I got home, I took the Big Boy to my local range for some proper bench testing at longer ranges. And yes, they are heavy rifles. Soon to be adding a tang sight. Condition great review & keep up the good work, A good honest review. This average is actually pretty damned good for me with iron sights. Plus, you'll be the first to hear about our newest giveaways. And if you happen to bend or break your brass magazine plunger assembly, theyll replace it for an unbelievable $21.50. But Ive fired a few different lever action rifles and the bottom line is this: For whatever reason to me, the Henry rifles just seem to feel right. The full octagon 20-inch barrel is blued in a deep, lustrous black that Ive only found on handcrafted classics from the pinnacle of American gunmaking: pre-64 Winchester Model 70s, 1960s Remington Model 700 BDLs, and 1960s Smith & Wesson revolvers. . I just purchased a Henry 44 mag, Big Boy. My next three were close to the bull but a little low and were a small group of about 1.25 inches. As I shoot a veriation of Western Action I will be using it with light hand loads, but I know I will have to try it out on the wild pig and scrub cattle in my area. And you base this claim of fake news/words on what????? Henry Big Boy Lever .44 Rem Magnum $ 877.49. Im a bit biased because I now own three Henrys. Hunting Just shows manufacturers like Marlin/Remington that they cant get away with poor quality in this day and age of cyber space. Love all my Henrys.. Would not trade, sell or relinquish them!!! I use the .96 for normal and .40 stored for target work. Thank you Henry! As for ammo, mine loves Cowboy Action loads. Honestly, from a bench, these rounds will group at 4 inches at 160 yards (expect a 9.25 inch drop). The barrel loop will run a little loose, and shouldnt melt on the barrel. If you are going to spend your money on a Henry, I can assure you that we will do whatever it takes to make sure that you are happy that you bought a Henry.. For carrying Ill take my Rossi M92/44 Mag which weighs in at 4.8 pounds and is half the price of the Henry. I just wone one in a raffle with a free ticket from my brother-in-law. Yes As many have mentioned, the Golden Boy is an absolute best in class. All rights reserved. A Big Boy in .357 is next on the want list, to match my cherished .357 Ruger Anniversary Flattop Blackhawk. No The bolt steel comes from Pittsburgh. Henrys version has a solid receiver and a round bolt with one rear locking lug. No personal data is ever sent to us. It is in fact a very beautiful rifle. Unlike its flashier cousin, the Golden Boy, this carbine forgoes a brass receiver for a blued steel one. It is a real nail driver, but the recoil is still something my little wife can handle. I changed out the original sights on two of my Henrys with Skinner Sights which have helped enormously for my aging eyes. ($2.15 / round), Hornady 44 Mag 240 gr JHP XTP 20/Box Took it out for the first day of deer and it dawned on my I never check if the gun even fit my arm length. My receiver cane already drilled for a scope but i havent ordered the platform yet to add it to the rifle. Then set out some clay birds at 25, 50 and 75 yards. Price: MSRP $972 (about $650 street). Once you look at the receiver up close youll see why they say that, its built like a tank. Im just a lever guy I guess. Henry Big Boy Steel 44 Magnum Lever Action Rifle . When it comes to handling, the .44 Magnum Big Boy teaches you very quickly how it earned its name. You might have another option, though: Henry has a new .30-30 built just like the Big Boy (except larger, of course) with the gorgeous brass frame. If you have not bought one yet, I would recommend waiting on the 44 Magnum. $729.99, Henry Varmint Express 17 HMR Large Loop Lever Action Rifle Now for my opinion on all the guns I fired at the range. Its cheap, fun and entirely practical to run 1000 rounds through a semi-automatic .22 rimfire during testing. Its action is strong. Now they want me to send my bigboy in again because they cant just admit they made a weak mag spring and send me one or even just tell me and ill buy it myself. I have sensed purchased two more Golden Boys (a.17 HMR and a 22) I will be quite happy if the .22 shoots AS good as my 50yr old Marlin Golden 39A. Target And this all works for me. Uh Ted , you spent more than my total wealth. best cheap jersey site.best cheap jersey site cheap for sale from china china cheap jerseys factory, you will get free ($1.84 / round), Fiocchi 44 Magnum 240 gr Semi-Jacketed Hollow Point Defense Dynamics 50/Box 2007-2023 Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. $699.99, Henry Color Case Hardened .30-30 Lever Action Rifle It is a thing of beauty and almost a work of art! Top quality at this price. Read all these comments and replaced the sights with a set of TRUCLOs. The real mention for me is the 22 pump. Two pieces of para-cord, one 8 inch length (roughly), the second 16 inches (roughly). I have shot Winchesters & Marlins & they are good, but the Henry; well, its a Henry! With a scope on it the gross weight would be around the 10 pound mark. That, dear readers, is quality control. These cookies allow us to share your visiting habits to our 3rd parties for marketing purposes. Re: feeling like a criminal for dinging it, I dropped it on my jeep bumper and put but a tiny ding in the stock and wept. You can unsubscribe at any time and we do not share or sell your information, ever. I couldnt miss and have really enjoyed this purchase. they have weak mag springs in the older ones and they wont cycle anything over a 260 grain or lever revolution type plastic tipped stuff. These cookies collect information that can help us understand how our websites are being used. Another thing is that Henrys customer service seems like the sweetest ever but they lie. 59 E 1st Street $549.99, Henry 22 Magnum Lever Action Rifle Well, I made the trip to West Texas to shoot the Henrys. I will NEVER own another rifle (including .22) or shotgun that doesnt have a shoulder sling! 2023 Henry RAC Holding Corp. All Rights Reserved. Cookie information is stored in your browser and performs functions such as recognising you when you return to our website and helping our team to understand which sections of the website you find most interesting and useful. Our test gun was chambered in hard-hitting .44 Magnum. The HenryUSA.com website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Shooting this rifle is a thrill and a joy, but those who appreciate quality will get a different kind of thrill from just handling and touching it. Whether youre looking for the perfect gun to saddle up with or hunt with, the Henry Big Boy Carbine is the big shot in a small package youve been waiting for. A tubular magazine with a 7-round capacity (and I was able to fit 8 rounds in there with .38 and .44 Specials). ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Needs: Like a pair to take back our country before we have nothing left. I wouldnt use the Henry Bog Boy .44 to snipe elk across a canyon. thanks ed hull. I did better than that. The barrel measured .406th found a ball that measured .438th. Have sent it back to the company twice and as far as they are concerned it is ok, only problem is it still wont load more than two out of ten shells. The information collected is anonymous and only helps us improve our site, and your experience. $1,329.99, Rossi R92 44 Mag Lever-Action Rifle with Brazilian Hardwood Stock and Gold Accents My self i went with the 44 mag because it has a little more power and Im a hand loader also. And by carry I mean carry: the Big Boy has no sling attachment points. Turns out he needed money for something and needed it fast so he priced it low. I purchase legacy guns for my grand kids This one will be his Eventually the receiver will have his name engraved on it. Introducing the Henry Big Boy Carbine, a modern carry-over of the Trapper classics of the past. The Henry Big Boy Classic is an unbeatable choice of big-game hunters who prefer the traditional look, feel, reliability and accuracy that comes from an authentic Henry rifle. It also gives brass-framed rifles a smoothness of action thats difficult to achieve when steel rubs against steel. This is a must add! Com there is sling options with a leather strap type system that fits over the butt stock and just a clamp-on that fits over to the magazine tube and right there you dont have to drill any holes or anything and it works Fantastic Four months I think I paid about 80 bucks for mine for the total system comes in different colors to its well worth it and I have it on my 22 magnum Henry rifle also. This is still one hard to come. You get it priority mail $7 and saved about $5 on the item. It is sooooooooooooooooooo fun to shoot. 100 yard shot groups of about 2-3 inches. For a while anyway. Exclusive deals, discounts, new product launches, coupon codes and more. Henry Big Boy Steel Carbine Side Gate - 44 Mag - Large Loop; PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE AUCTION AND POLICIES BEFORE BIDDING.. Its the ideal brush gun for tight spaces, but dont let its compact size fool you. All have the crisp, smooth action that sets an authentic American-made Henry apart from other lever action rifles on the range and in the woods today. Ive been looking at Henry Big Boys for some time and plan on purchasing one in 45LC soon to match my 45LC Ruger Blackhawk. A reasonable price point does not make this gun a budget model. Big Boy Carbine 44 Magnum Large Loop Lever Action Rifle, Action Type: Large Loop Lever Action Repeater, Sights: Marbles fully adjustable semi-buckhorn rear, and brass beaded front sight, Finish: Brass receiver, brasslite barrel band, brass buttplate & blued lever and barrel. Im 50 now and finally bought one. The tubular magazine tops off at 7 rounds. Eliminating unnecessary costs and delivering the lowest possible prices to customers worldwide, our aim is to make every one of our customers can access to their favorite products with the lowest price. The ball being bigger by .032th.and the ball a litter bigger then the shell casing.

Trunnis Goggins Jr, Articles H