illini union hr department

how to respond to i'm okay i guess

This article has been viewed 56,798 times. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. How would you say in Spanish, "I'm in the middle of doing something?". Martin holds a Masters degree in Finance and International Business. Happy and you know it. By saying it you will make them think that something horrible happened to them and they didnt even know yet. Whatever they think they've done, it hasn't bothered you that much. Im excellent. When someone says guess what it is very tempting to give a joke answer. Often times you say "How are you?" I said it for no reason other than it rhymed and was fun to say. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Perhaps they have to juggle parenthood with studies and work. We all learned it in biology class, the other person can not deny that it is a fact. This article was co-authored by John Keegan. But, if said loudly in public this will get a lot of people looking at the other person and embarrassing them. JavaScript is disabled. 7 Better Ways To Say Sorry For The Late Reply On Email, Sorry For Or Sorry About? "Bien" has always seemed to me be positive, and it doesn't seem to fit. We don't have to talk about it if you don't feel comfortable." If someone doesn't respond positively to you, understand that they may not be willing. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top, Not the answer you're looking for? move on. So not only is saying, "thank you for asking" not rude, it's a form of politeness that's scripted often into customer service interactions. "Let's go for ice cream!" "I'm okay" means "no" whereas "Let's go for ice cream!" "Okay" means "yes" You got a cat? This really is a non-answer to guess what but it is a pretty annoying question so why not give an annoying answer? The "I'm fine" response is primary. If they dont mean it, they should not apologize to you. When someone doesnt reply to us, its natural to assume that its because they have lost interest in us. The sentence "I'm OK with it." Let them know that you expect better from them in the future. Bottom line: If we embrace and even study errors in our classrooms, students may actually learn more. Go ahead. It's okay to tell the truth when someone asks you how you're doing, because lying and saying "I'm great" can feel insincere, and being truthful doesn't mean you need to dish about everything currently bothering you. By using our site, you agree to our. For example, if you want to know if someone is accessible on a particular day. It completely depends on you. I meanwho said that? wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. It is a funny response that also tells the other person how dumb it was to try and have you guess. Why don't we use the 7805 for car phone chargers? wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. IMO, "It's okay with me" with any spoken emphasis on "me" might be more common where other people are involved in the situation and carry and might implicitly mean or explicitly be followed by "It's okay with me, but you should check with the others." "I saw U fall down yesterday, LOL, also R U OK? For example "That's OK with me." This is annoying when you know that theyre just doing some mickey mouse degree, and theyre using it as an excuse. However, there is a glaring caveat here: This only works if students have the emotional resilience to respond to mistakes adaptively and flexibly. hit them with the perfect unexpected response instead. When corrected, some students claimed that "they knew it all along.". You know they messed up. "I'm OK with it" and It's OK with me" (or "by me") are vague statements. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. So, next time someone asks you, "Guess what!" say "what?" and then wait for them to tell you what they want to tell you so badly. How about you?, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/4\/4d\/Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-1.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-1.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/4\/4d\/Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-1.jpg\/aid12898202-v4-728px-Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-1.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. Why is it shorter than a normal address? By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. A dog president would be pretty cool. I will say that there is a difference, if used in spoken language, depending on where the emphasis is placed. You are using an out of date browser. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. I dont have to answer your questions., {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/f\/fe\/Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-13.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-13.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/f\/fe\/Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-13.jpg\/aid13104916-v4-728px-Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-13.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. There is no point in dwelling on what cannot be changed. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. Depends on context as usual, but in AmE if one responds "I'm OK" with the stress on "OK", it is an upbeat/enthusiastic/positive response. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/25\/Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-3.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-3.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/25\/Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-3.jpg\/aid12898202-v4-728px-Respond-to-a-%22How-Are-You%22-Text-Step-3.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. This image may not be used by other entities without the express written consent of wikiHow, Inc.
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/2b\/Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-16.jpg\/v4-460px-Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-16.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/2b\/Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-16.jpg\/aid13104916-v4-728px-Respond-when-Someone-Says-%22Guess-What_%22-Step-16.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\u00a9 2023 wikiHow, Inc. All rights reserved. This shows that the person is not 100% willing or into what is happening. This image is not<\/b> licensed under the Creative Commons license applied to text content and some other images posted to the wikiHow website. In Mexico we have a lot of ways to express that feeling, and all of them depends on the type of relationship that you have with the other person and the kind of emotion that you want to express: Thanks for contributing an answer to Spanish Language Stack Exchange! By clicking Accept all cookies, you agree Stack Exchange can store cookies on your device and disclose information in accordance with our Cookie Policy. *take a genuine guess*. So why wouldnt it be the answer to guess what. 10 "Oooookay then" Use this when the person seemingly gives the response in a manner that is meant to be conclusive. read on! We all like it when people reply quickly. This is another good one to say loudly in public to get a lot of eyes on the other person, embarrassing them and forcing them in the awkward position of having to tell all the strangers that their house did not burn down. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Why are players required to record the moves in World Championship Classical games? It only takes a minute to sign up. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. with "I'm OK with it", very clearly means "I would prefer you to choose a different color, but if you really like it that much, or you have different considerations for choosing this color, then I will not veto your decision of the color". Ok is just a simple two-letter word, but it can have many meanings. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. "Signpost" puzzle from Tatham's collection, Embedded hyperlinks in a thesis or research paper. Can I use my Coinbase address to receive bitcoin? But you were a bit annoyed that they took so long to reply. American here: "Okay" as an adjective means what you said-I'm okay as I am. Again, body language and tone dictate whether the response is positive, so once youre sure, you can prepare your response. When you ask a person to do a task, or tell them something, Ok is a sure sign that they are fine with it, or plan to comply. 26. Welcome to Grammarhow!We are on a mission to help you become better at English. Sometimes people might talk with a little more prompting, if they feel they can trust you. If you dont want to talk to them, you dont have to. "It's OK /by/ me." You tell them no and they must bury their pride and tell you what. May as well just thank them for what theyve done so far, and get back to how it was before. would be how you respond if you were being asked for your approval. to be completely analogous to "I'm OK with it. Sometimes, giving the same old boring response to the same old boring question can getwell, old. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. . Lets dive into how to respond to Ok. They might end up feeling so bad that they buy you a pizza to make up for it. You don't have to go into detail, you don't have to make people your sounding board or tell them every detail - there's no reason for you to feel guilty for sharing how you are feeling either. wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Be polite. You no longer care about them. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products.

You've Reached The End Of Alexa's Knowledge, Avengers Fanfiction Tony Finds Out Peter Is Bullied, Dearborn Heights Police News, Articles H

how to respond to i'm okay i guess