holy cross cemetery culver city plots for sale

alice woods ken rex mcelroy

Survivors include his daughter, Sindy Barr (Kelly Culp), Graham, MO; 2 sisters, Jackie (Harold) Holaday, Barnard, MO, Mary Karen (Dave) Christensen, Savannah, MO, and 1 brother, Stephen Dowling, Mission, TX, brother in law, Roger Salsbury Guilford MO; 3 grandchildren, Megan (Eric) Redden, Stanberry, MO, Lauren Barr, Graham, MO, and Michael (Amanda) Barr, Willard, MO; 3 great grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews. ; a timid or easily intimidated person. You can find it on YouTube, starring Brian Denehey. It was a crime of opportunity he was having some beers and hearing stories about Rex over the years. He was not looking forward to going to prison for a couple of years, and his best days as a coon hunter and seducer of girls were long behind him. Is there anyway you could confirm this for me? I would assume, although I dont know, that Sheriff Estes took then when he left office. It was at this time that he died in what appeared to be a freak accident. They should be strung up for the way they did it. You can use the computer to measure the distance by right clicking and using measure distance from point to point. If this process is circumvented, it becomes more difficult (to establish these constraints) with each passing year. This book is still very important because of this unique situation which involved the people of northwest Missouri. But, I also believe so much evidence was either contaminated by bystanders or simply was taken away. The story would have gone on forever, regardless. I worked with a guy in the 80s that said he had met Ken a couple at times and that he come across as a real a-hole. He wasent killed by a skidmore resident! You are full of shit. I was 13 when my father myself and my two sisters. According to the Movie (which was shot near Elgin Texas) a Missouri State Trooper had to Break the Law and threaten McElroy with murder to get him to stop stalking the Troopers wife and family. I also was good friends with David Baird. While you all are shakin in your boots your women will be coming to me, women love a real man, and so will your property. Sitting just the next table in front of Kenrex and Trina..we were told by the owner that you need I think he was trying a stare down and lost. Over the years he learned a well spoken threat, a well placed punch or the look, was enough to quail opposition, in most instances. As a child he was abused by alot of them.ridiculed..cut down. Was he mentally disturbed? He was a member and enjoyed his friends at the Maryville Elks Lodge #760; he was a member of the Town and Country Saddle Club at Skidmore, MO. (Tongue firmly in cheek.). I went to high school with his 3 daughters (from Sharon). The town is not in great shape, with very few businesses remaining open, and some fellow buying lots of properties and storing junk in the yards. I dont agree with murder and at the end of the day, it was murder. He and his brother owned the D & G Tavern, in front of which McElroy was parked when he died and which had recently begun closing whenever he came to town. Who else would shoot a man in the back of the head as he sat in his truck?. It not only provided additional information on the people, places and events that lead to the showdown on main street but the also with the aftermath of investigations, reflections and conclusions. What would you say to him? I went into the gas station.. kinda had this wierd feeling as i walked in. He stared death in the face and took it like a real man. How do they know that he was shot with a .22 and a .308 if they didnt run ballistics? As for how he died, if you will submit the autopsy report confirming the massive heart attack, I will correct the record. If I had a dime, no make that a nickel, for every time someone said they were going to kick my ass I would be richer then I am now from all the robbin and stealin lol. Things got repeated and repeated until he became almost larger than life. Trena only witnessed Clement with a rifle. well he kept trying to talk to her & she told me to say something to him . On my first day of teaching, a little hand went up in the back of the class and this sweet boy said, Youre uncle shot my dad. Also those who brag on the internet are usually the opposite. Ive only heard about this case, its 2019, and I want to know more. I read on your blog a granddaughter said she was happily remarried and had a nice life which is great. The nice pickup Kenrex And Trina had just gotten into. Thats how human nature works. I have a great affection for the place, have from the first day I walked into the coffee shop almost 25 years ago. Anywhere from 30 to 90 people watched the 47-year-old McElroy die in an act that ended his decade-long reign of terror over the people of Skidmore. I understand you need to sell books but if it humbles you, I learned about this out of a true crime and and aberrant behavior book so your book is well versed but not hardly the only source. Surfacing briefly from her hiding place where she had sought refuge for herself and her children, Mrs. McElroy granted an interview to talk about the Kenneth Rex McElroy murder in Skidmore, MO. Eventually sitting on a sidewalk across the street from what was the D&B. So the debris pile falls at the 2 mile point. My spatial sense is not the best. Mr. McClean, no disrespect intended, I understand this is a best seller for you and become a part of your life and your research entitles you to some first hand accuracy, but it seems that you have spent some time on Mr. McElroy and what made him tick and his character makeup. Its in the book In Broad Daylight, toward the end. Someone who has passed on from this life. I suspect there are hundreds more out there. I only feel for the town. I remember when this happened. For your information. It has made a pauper out of me. its almost like you were their . I remember Alice and thinking she is not much older then me yet she is with this guy and Treena is having his baby, and yet she was just a child Youre right about how the shooting went down. Despite being shot in broad daylight in front of various witnesses, the. As for his height, he was probably normal height if you included the cowboy hat he always wore. Yesterday I came across an obituary of Trooper Richard Stratton, may he rest in peace. There will never be another story like this one. It would be interesting to know how this incident changed Skidmore and its people. This is the Home County of Kenneth McDuff, you have heard of him Im sure. Bear, I loved Skidmore in late 70s and early 80s. That said, I dont think youve ever lived a day where you had to risk your life for anything and as such, I dont think youre in any position to call another person a coward. There is no benefit I can see to having it in the public arena. Watch the 60 Minutes episode here. Im so glad I had nothing to do with it. Us bad ass, rebel, alpha male types give the rest of you pansies something to look up to. These small man syndrome types are quick to jump on the bandwagon and try to out do everyone by being first to the punch due to their own perceived difficiencies. The town died after this event. This has certainly been an interesting read. Yes it was Clements bullet who killed him. Memorials are suggested to the Maryville Elks Lodge #760, Maryville, MO. There are always many sides to a person. He had it coming & it came! They found indents in the aluminum frame of the rear window of the Silverado consistent with bird shot from a shot gun, Cheryl Brown was always the force behind the Punkin Show and the Festival, and I guess she finally had enough. If youre such a big bad ass why carry a gun and have a crew? just like a true coward. Ken Rex McElroy was shot dead inside his pick-up truck on the 10th of July, 1981, via a storm of bullets. I agree with almost everything you said. To this day, locals are not welcoming to strangers. those involved who took the oath to keep silent will take it to the grave with them. 2. Such evidence is allowed into courts of law as an exception to the hearsay rule on the theory that someone on his deathbed would have no reason to lie. I bought a pop, and asked where the Bowencamps were buried. period. i wonder what wouldve happened if some of the guys in town reached out to him , talk to him , have a beer be pals . The driver, whom I knew, with a gut like Ken Rex McElroy told the LAPD. this town shut its mouth , nobody talked & nobody will , i know del clement is the one who supposedly fired the fatal shot but no one really knows. They reminded me of another family I once met who also blamed everyone else for the troubles they created for themselves. The masonic building is gone, as best as I can tell. When I first traveled to Skidmore in 1982, the first name I heard as the shooter was Del Clement. I raised it as a topic of discussion, since they shot McElroy in the back. In the book you wrote that nobody ever saw McElroy in an actual physical confontation, e.g. i read that TRENA CLAIMED 2 have known who 1 of the shooters were WHO WAS IT SHE NAMED ? Alice M. McElroy, 62, of Kansas City, Kan., passed away November 18, 2006, at Medicalodge Post Acute Care Center. He was of the Christian faith and had attended the Skidmore Methodist Church.. Gary married Marilyn Lou Friend in 1959, they later divorced. Some of the witnesses to the crime left town, and as time wore on a few of them died. Last I checked: Real men dont have to use guns to intimidate. I watched the TV Movie In Broad Daylight, Iast night. The whole story is somewhat lurid, given all the components of KRMs misdeeds and crimes. You are very talented and a brilliant writer, your story is in line with the tales told but maybe you can do better, I remember when this crime occurred. Small minded backwards,2 pack a day hillbillies like yourself are very easy to deal with so I will break down your 4 points real quick. was it because she met someone , or just to get away ? Cmon people use your head. He was constantly committing crimes and threatening the townspeople. Personally, I can see how Ken Rex may be regarded as somewhat of an anti-hero, not unlike Dillinger or the James Gang. Most things are closed down. (I seem to recall he wasnt quite right) I understand one weapon used that day was an 8mm. I was good friends with the town Marshall, David Dunbar. yeah thats exactely how it happened , it wasnt planned . For decades, the man held the town of Skidmore virtually hostage. Both younger than i.. Was at the D&G Could you explain your opinion? Ken Rex McElroy was a bully to put it mildly. I think David Baird believed that the sheriff had the files when he offered to open them to me. I do not see it that way. Alice McElroy May 27, 1938 - September 13, 2017 Alice Olemberio McElroy, daughter of Felix Olemberio and Agripina Sacal Olemberio, was born May 27, 1938 in Calamba, Misamis Occidental, Philippines where she grew up and attended school. I did get the side eye from someone who walked in though, when I was by the front door looking at the photos on the wall. I have yet to read In Broad Daylight but will be purchasing it very soon. Werent there a couple of men who were offered a lot of money to blow him away? I wouldnt be surprised if they werent reading from prepared scripts. I heard that Lois also died a few years ago, and I am sure that Bo Bowenkamp died back in the late 80s or so; but didnt they have a couple of daughters? Ken McElroy was a functional illiterate. I was trying to look at the site of Mcelroys farm on google earth. I am 68, 320 pounds of solid muscle and no fat. His problems, but who dont? Is it out of respect for the familiy. On Del, Ive discussed the notion that he might have been a coward because he shot Ken in the back. He told me Ken had a presence but that he wasnt scared or intimidated by him. To get these girls out of here trouble was getting ready to happen. Id me interested in your thoughts and facts. WE ALL DID TILL DEATH . You steal, and think that makes you a man? Honestly, the story he told me about this man sounded so far-fetched. I believe they had a little boy. I found this topic intriguing because of all of the controversy and opinions surrounding it. THAT DESTROYED towns across America! That County has a long history of bullies and criminals. Some are saying they were a .22 and a 30-30. I spent many many weeks and weekends with my grandparents there. Can I get in touch with you at your email? The book Judgment Day (which seemed to be grossly inaccurate on a lot of things) said that he was suspected of killing someone in St. Joe? In a few weeks we will have a new POD paperback which will contain both In Broad Daylight and The Story Behind In Broad Daylight. NO one talks about it, not even to family who werent there that day.. it happened they decided what they felt they needed to do after and it was done. McElroy had four wives and more than 10 children. Thanks for the comment. It took a town of cowards, and those cowards in surrounding areas such as yourself, to kill Ken by shooting him in the back no less. I put it together mainly because the book was out of print other than on Kindleand I felt that a real book should always be available. He was a pedophile that raped 12 year old girls. I dont condone killing such as this but fully understand how a town could have finally had ENOUGH. Made me do a bit of searching on my own recently. I will obviously drive through the town, and more than likely take some pictures along the way, and of course stop by the bar, if it is open. Real men dont hit women. I search the internet and couldnt find a link to them. . Although I have my own personal opinions on this, I really did not want to cause anyone trouble. I hear now and then from others that I should just let the story die, that there is no reason to keep talking about it, etc. One farmer told me: The killers should be given medals for what they did. The only thing you can say for sure is that law enforcement in that part of the country was as worthless as t*ts on a boar! One night, he came by completely distressed because KRM had cornered him in an alley and threatened him not to testify. I believe there was a third gun, but whether it fired or not is another question. Finally, there is some confusion on the rifles used. In this day and age we would have a ream of cell phone photos of the funeral, which I would definitely have run. After you turn off V, you go a few miles, hit a curve, and Tims house is on the right. McElroy was a brutal bully who kept a town terrified for years. He was most certainly not. What then? damn right we were scared to death of him the man was a bully . The town lost faith in itself, is the way I see it. It is assumed that Del was one of the shooters but are you at liberty to name the other two? Del, a short man with a chip on his shoulder and a hot temper, wore a cowboy hat and drank heavily. We have gotten NO RELIEF from Law Enforcement whatsoever. Thanks for writing. I have heard about this case since I was a little girl and remember it on the news but at that time I didnt pay any attention to it. Waving a shotgun around and shooting old unarmed men doesnt make him look so brave to me. No testing of weapons was performed,as far as I am aware. One of these women was 24-year-old. He was also preceded by his sister, Ronda Salsbury; son in law, Carey Barr; grandson, Rob Lowrance; and sister in law, Barb Dowling. Watch the new and 7th season of BuzzFeed Unsolved: True Crime! My mother-in-law was a McElroy. You add it up :O. this person is a moron he was killed by a local resident this person must be smoking dope cause their high as a kite right now , why would an outsider kill him, it was a local, somebody who knew him. Mr. MaClean, as a writer, you should check your facts before writing such gross untruths. I was in college (NWMSU) when all of this was happening. I visited Skidmore in 2014. I guess thats understandable. Where I live we have had a NON Stop Crime Waive since 1971. we were from east omaha and knew ken well. But I certainly do understand why they did what they did and cant help but feel as they must have felt. In this case, Ken pushed an entire town to their breaking point. Nothing will ever come to light. they didnt even plan on what they did after. He abused Alice verbally and physically, and when she gave birth to their son, she moved out to live with her mother and stepfather In St Joseph, the next town over from Skidmore. I have read all the comments, here are some comments that I am sure most wont like, but hey, to each their own right? how do I know I was one of the people who witnessed the killing , or as some people say , murder . And I wouldnt have said a word about who did it myself. If the guns were ever matched to the participants would the 22 owner be the only one charged with murder? He planted many evil seeds and when he reaped them they all sprang up at once. He had no use for the successful or the educated. I believe that the shooting was wrong , as someone said on here it was murder , but the law failed to do its job & they are also responsible for that mans death . so, so, sad. Is there a part of you which may sympathize with the certain aspect in his personality which suggests that, at his core, he felt inferior to land-owning farmers? I hear its a cheap knockoff of the real story. Whats a drunken short man routine? It was pretty gruesome. The junk man owns the gas station across from Sumys, and hes letting it fall into disrepair, along with several other places. And where can you find his photo? Im not going to comment on Mcelroys death, but all the small towns in America! Thought I would pass on that they Punkin show is no more, have not had one since 2003 and the Freedom Fest has seen its last days this year. The sheriff was chagrined to admit that the official files were not in his office. You should check out the history of FALLS COUNTY TEXAS sometime. I can assure you Skidmore has moved on. Dying of sclerosis of the liver is a slow process; it allows the person time to reflect on his life, to prepare to meet his maker. Ken McElroy - Wikipedia Ken McElroy Ken Rex McElroy (June 1, 1934 - July 10, 1981) was an American criminal and convicted attempted murderer who resided in Skidmore, Missouri, United States. Yea he stole hogs, but no ones perfect. Thanks for your update on Skidmore. You care for the sheep but hate the sheepdog. I just came across a brief posting about him on Facebook and true crime always fascinates me. Me and my 2 sisters decided to check it out as it was less than 2 hours from where we live. and im not affraid to say yes del was the main shooter. A year or so after the book was published, I met one of Kens kids who had been adopted out as a child. R.I.P Kenrex. Regardless, he moved McCloud into their house. so if your ever passing through skidmore -remember , those people got away with murder, you could be in town talking to someone, passing someone on the street & they could hve been the shooter or a witness to the crime. Thats all i have to say about that. unless the last living person of that oath is on their deathbed & decides to tell who the shooter was, the shooter that they all covered for. I heard stories over the years that a couple of men had been offered a sum of money to kill McElroy. But thousands were chambered in 32 W.S. Hi Harry I loved reading the book I have a question I know there was a made for TV movie made, have you been approached on making a newer version of a movie? Does this not imply a certain degree of courage? McElroy was soon infatuated with his future child bride. How fitting. I dont believe my grandfather would have and thats why it bothered him so much. . My grandfather loved this book, I believe, because he had heard stories about McElroy through various coffee shops and cafes. After all look at the thug #45, Your email address will not be published. You can check them out at harrymaclean.com. Remember the incident well, and couldnt read enough about it at the time. Please let me know what you think of the new version. When the law refused to deal with him and people feared for their lives they did what they thought they had to do to survive. He ( the shooter) brought peace & saved the lives of many. He always said Ken Rex McElroy, a notoriously brutal man who had terrorized Skidmore, Mo., for years, was killed in 1981. Let this stand as a testament of human nature and what people are capable of when deep-rooted survival instincts are aroused by fear, oppression, and the feelings of hopelessness. Are there any Pics of the Aftermath.. Morgue pics of the Body? Meanwhile, the town struggles for its existence. You wouldnt find one, it didnt exist. will they tell , or will they take it to the grave too. I honestly dont think it matters who killed McElroy; might as well say all of Skidmore committed a justifiable homicide, in self defence. I blogged about the death and posted her obituary. Or could it have been a semi-auto pistol? Other accounts say an 8 mm. Harry, what is your opinion on what happened to the killing files in the Sheriffs office? I seriously doubt you are 68 and 320 and all muscle. Again, GREAT BOOK!! I worked for his brother in Hot Springs Ar. Can you direct me to where this information is? If anyone know where Trena is, I would love to know. You may email me if you do not want to post it publicly. 60 Minutes - Bully - Ken McElroy & Skidmore Missouri (1982)Ken Rex McElroy (June 1, 1934 - July 10, 1981) was a resident of Skidmore, Missouri, United States. I already found a news item where one of his sons (Juarez) had been arrested at age 26 for knifing a man. Most of the guys in NW MO can take care of themselves and would not be afraid of Ken if they had a gun in their hands. The two story house was boarded up and the dogs / cages / pick ups were gone not long after the killing. the only hope that we can ever find out who fired the fatal shot is the last person alive who took the oath , as they die one by one , it will be the last person will they make a deathbed confession , will they knowing that their the last will they let the name be known thats the only way it will ever come out. McElroy's third wife, Trena McCloud, met Ken when he began dating her mother while she was 12. The victim was simply entering a store and was accosted on his way out. Granted, one needs to gloss over the statutory rape. Been in some trouble. These are good people who did what they had to to remedy a nightmare. He was a Korean war vet. As for his role in the killing, there was never any doubt expressed to me by law enforcement or anyone else in the area that Del was the primary shooter. Ken McElroy got what was coming to him. Although I do understand why some of the locals wish it would just go away. Google THE TOWN BULLY OF TOULON , just like rex mcelroy , the guy liked to intimidate people & they were scared to death of this guy so instead of confronting him people went outta their way to avoid him . No one recognized him, even though he stopped in several places. There are more facts, but Id have to dig into my research for them. Who was the the second alleged shooter? As I said, my feelings and comments are not for everyone, and obviously you have taken offense to them but sadly you wont be able to do anything about it so too bad. Bullets for the 32 W.S. He was the Skidmore bully. You on the other hand Id just kick your ass in front of the whole town. BB. Well then it appears Ken Rex was done in by a fellow coward. Being shot in the back of the head means nothing, anywhere to take him down was what was necessary.. Just purchased The Story Behind . ALL cowards that rape children, burn peoples homes, shoot close range into unarmed peoples stomach & shoot hard working elderly frail innocent people deserve a shot in the back of their heads. Seemed like they made up a few facts as they went along. You know, there are a lot of places out there like Skidmore. I read the shell casings found in the street were from a .22 mag and a 8 mm German or Swedish Mauser. They did not deserve any of this. I dont blame anyone involved for the fact that there was never any trial in this particular case. (May 1, 1939 June 9, 2014). The property appears fenced off & unused but adjacent to a larger property containing a current and newish residence. they showed her some mercy by letting her walk away.it was ken who they wanted to get rid of, he pushed them just a little too far & it cost him his life. I hadnt heard the one about him selling cattle in the parking lot. Rod Rex you might be a narcissist but you certainly arent any man. Ghost town, for sure. They preceded him in death. Thx for keeping us updated http://www.michaeljoiner.com. None of those last two incidents is surprising. 3. The justice system failed in releasing this revengeful, dangerous man back to his community. Ken was 18 and Oleta was 16. . Woulda, coulda, shoulda done some yung folk sum good. At far right is McElroy's former wife Alice Woods. In Broad Daylight is the name of the book, and there is a follow up called The Story Behind In Broad Daylight. Was McElroy harassing him or something? I have pictures of that mess as well. I am still working through a few. I remember him saying he didnt want to talk to you anymore and you would quiteasking questions. I gentleman said he used to own it. The worst by this individual was still to come for this town and they knew it. I ended up moving from skidmore after his death , glad he got what was coming to him .sorry bastard , now I hope he is burning in hell . Do you think it might be Delta RoadI was looking on Google earth. Over the years I spent there researching In Broad Daylight I never heard another name seriously mentioned as the rifleman. I find it fascinating. Im a retired peace officer, as such Ive seen the inside of quite a few jails and prisons. Del was a weasel. My husband, on the other hand, believed it but we didnt talk about it much. Even an expert at anything past reading distance would not be able to tell the difference between the two. measure .321 in diameter; bullets for the 8 mm measure .323 in diameter. (Meaning on the mainstreet of town, in front of 45 witnesses). Just saying. As for the guy threatening you, he literally wrote like everyone else in his level of life. I mean, I guess we all dont want to think our family members could do that. When one feels all hope of finding justice is gone. His brother, however, still lives in the Skimore area/. Rolling Stone and Playboy both did long, overblown pieces on the story. Anyways, it says this guy shot a 70yo inthe neck? I was there a few years ago, and the bar was open, but I wouldnt be surprised if it was closed now, or maybe just open for parties. i wonder if the gentleman was mentally ill ? We all seek to find our constraints. scared to death of the dude . What did you think of the frontier justice piece? And even if something of a glimmer came to pass, who would believe it after all this time? As I understand it, Gary D moved to Texas a few years back. Specifically, he says that McElroy showed up at a bar to bully some retirees out of their pension checks, and Harley was there, confronted McElroy, and knocked him on his butt with a right hook. Has the road been renamed and is the farm still in existence? i passed through skidmore last summer & talked to a few old timers who were around back in the early 80s when kenny was roaming the streets .had a nice conversation until you bring up mc elroys name .they all turn a pale white & ghastly & then u smell an odor its only then that u realize they shit all over themselves .. ken rex mc elroy still brings fear to skidmore old timers , they HATED THAT MAN. The book Judgment Day was a joke, luckily for me or Id never have gotten a contract to write the story. There were other incidents as well but my memory of them has faded. He was an outlaw. The last straw was when she sued the town and the mayor of wrongful death of her husband.

Yadkin County Arrests 2021, Eglin Afb Housing Floor Plans, Cessna 150 Composite Prop, Longfield Academy Teachers, Bisch Funeral Home Springfield, Illinois Obituaries, Articles A

alice woods ken rex mcelroy