holy cross cemetery culver city plots for sale

patricia owens yaser said

Patricia Owens, the mother of Amina and Sarah Said, took the stand Thursday. Both men were charged with harboring a known fugitive and are now serving time in federal prison. [ATTORNEY: "Did you comprehend what could happen to her?"] Owens claimed she left Said multiple times during the marriage and described him as controlling. Ms Owens testified that she left Mr Said multiple times but that fear forced her back. Their bodies were later discovered inside his cab, parked outside of an Omni hotel. The evening the sisters were shot, their father wanted to take just the two of them to a restaurant, she said. The mothers actions in the days leading up to the murders are extremely suspicious. Joe Hennig, referring to his original report, testified the girls mother and brother told him Said carried a gun in his cab. According to Patricia, she didnt marry Yaser out of love. @NBCDFWhttps://t.co/R77vHTz043 pic.twitter.com/5eP4TqCGdS. FBI had been in touch w/apt management bc Saids son lived there. "When they had more independence, that was less control for him," Black said. Said entered a not guilty plea Tuesday and faces an automatic life sentence if convicted. Jurors heard the 911 call from a dying teenager killed alongside her sister in 2008. Around the time, Sarah Said called 911 twice, stressing she was dying after her father shot her. This story has been shared 685,769 times. They all headed for Kansas to Patricias aunts home. The suspect shot the officer in the leg and shoulder. While she dropped the Garland charges, Owens said that in October 1998 she applied for a protective order against Said on behalf of her girls. Yaser Said was convicted of capital murder Tuesday in the 2008 fatal shootings of his two teenage daughters, 18-year-old Amina Said and 17-year-old Sarah Said. A detective and construction worker were among the witnesses called in the trial of Yaser Said this Friday afternoon. Owens, who. Powered by WordPress.com VIP. Prosecutors claim Said's daughters made an outcry that he'd sexually abused them and had touched them inappropriately. Want to bookmark your favourite articles and stories to read or reference later? He said Said didnt fill out the necessary paperwork and was loaned the cab from someone else. She added that she and the kids left Said several times over the years, but always came back. He said the investigation of the crime was weak and the real killer was not identified. The manager gave Patricia days off from work to take the girls to a safe place and call the police, even taking donations among the store employees to help Patricia get her daughters protection. Im dying! Both Sarah and Amina appeared at school with bruises, and at one point Amina even had a split lip. I'm dying, I'm dying!". The film furthers speculation the girls' father objected to his daughters living an "American lifestyle.". Patricia Owens Said divorced her husband after the murders and dropped his last name, according to the Morning News. Yaser Said is accused of shooting to death his two daughters on Jan. 1, 2008 . Yaser Said takes the stand Monday in his capital murder trial. I felt scared not to go back, Owens explained. Patricia Said now lives under her maiden name - Patricia Owens. Shes asking for help and she names her killer, her father, Yaser Said, Black said about Sarahs 911 call. My father shot me. After ending up on the FBIs Most Wanted List, he was located in 2020 in Justin, Texas only 40 minutes from where the alleged murder took place. An Atlanta based band that was in North Texas for a show said their equipment was stolen from their hotel Friday night. In a Dallas County courtroom, Patricia Owens saw her former husband and the father of their children for the first time in 14 years. "Something would happen to me or something would happen to her," Erik Panameno told jurors. And this is not acceptable," Ahmed said. I was scared not to go back, she told jurors. Part of me didnt" before saying, "I'm sorry.". She said they didnt want to live by the culture of their father, who was born in Egypt, nor did they want arranged marriages, as he planned. You do whatever you want since you know how to drive. Said, an Egyptian immigrant, is accused of killing his daughters Amina, 18 and Sarah, 17, because they were "too American." His wife, Patricia Owens, previously told Fox News that Said had. They had been dating men who werent Muslim. Defendant Yaser Abdel Said took the stand as the only defense witness Monday in his trial for the purported "honor killing" of his daughters. She and the girls worked at Kroger, and her daughters started dating boys. Prosecutors claim Said's daughters made an outcry that he'd sexually abused them and had touched them inappropriately. My dad shot me! Hopefully, with Yaser facing the consequences of his actions, Patricia will be able to start moving on with her life. Said disappeared simultaneously with the girls' murders and eluded police and the FBI for 12 years before he was finally captured. She commented, That was the day I lost my whole family and my life as I knew it was gone forever. The death penalty is not an option in Yaser Said's case. Patricia Owens called her ex-husband Yaser Said the "devil" for allegedly murdering their two daughters at his trial in Dallas on Aug. 4, 2022. Saids three public defenders argue this was a botched police investigation fixated on a Muslim man in a post-9/11 world full of Islamophobia. By clicking Sign Up, I confirmthat I have read and agreeto the Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Owens has testified that Yaser Said had threatened Amina with a gun. The judge is also allowing prosecutors to tell jurors about allegations that Said sexually abused his own daughters, who later recanted. Part of me didnt" before saying, "I'm sorry.". She said she married him at the age of 15, with the permission of her parents after dating for three weeks and had three children with him over the next three years. "I do not have first-hand knowledge of what an honor killing is. Defense attorney Joseph Patton said in opening statements that the evidence would not support a conviction, that police were too quick to focus on Said, who was born in Egypt, and suggested that anti-Muslim sentiment played into that focus. Yaser Said, who had been sought on a capital murder warrant since the slayings, was placed on the FBI's most-wanted list. Owens said Said had previously threatened Amina with a gun. @NBCDFWhttps://t.co/R77vHTz043 pic.twitter.com/5eP4TqCGdS. He testified he didnt even know Said was driving the cab. Also called to the stand Thursday was the owner of the taxi cab. WARNING: THE CONTENT OF THIS VIDEO MAY BE DISTURBING. Speaking through an interpreter in his native Arabic, Said testified someone else is responsible for the crime, but investigators never found that person because they only pursued him. Also, Det. The girls' bodies were found in their father's taxi cab outside the Omni hotel in Irving, both of them had been shot multiple times. He also told evidence on Sarahs body indicated she was shot at very close range. Now prosecutors are picking at every issue in his story. The mother must be charged with conspiracy to murder her daughters. Patricia Owens and 18 . "When they had more independence, that was less control for him," Black said. Mother and ex-wife Patricia Owens testified in Dallas County Court in the 64-year-olds capital murder trial on Thursday that he sexually assaulted the girls two years before the killing and then threatened to murder them if they didnt backtrack on their police statements, according to The Daily Beast. she asked. They left all their phones behind so they couldn't be traced and finally left on December 25th after Yaser had left to go to work that night. Yaser was on the run for so long, and its hard to wrap my brain around it. Ms Owens said during the third day of testimony in the trial that Mr Said would insist on deciding on where they would live and who they would speak to. Clearly the proof is in the pudding and this is a double Honor Killing and the F.B.I. This is just killing. Amina's boyfriend testified he and his father indeed saw Said and both girls in his cab shortly before the shooting and that they briefly followed them out of concern. She was soft-spoken on the witness stand, but her message about how she felt about her ex-husband was loud and clear when referring to him as the "devil.". What Watson saw in a cab caused him to call 911. Patricia Owens, the mother of victims Amina Said and Sarah Said, told jurors her ex-husband was abusive and controlling. [ATTORNEY: "Yaser is apparently very happy to see his daughters again."] He wanted me to go back to him and if I didnt go back to him, he threatened to kill me and my family, Owens said, adding that Said stated he wanted to kill her after she filed the charges. There's no such thing as an honor killing, you kill somebody there's no honor to it. Upon arrival Patricia tells her aunt the girls were going to run away with their friends and she couldnt let that happen, then Amina spoke up and said; "my mom said she always wanted to leave my dad so we let her come with us." Said, 64, has pleaded not guilty to the capital murder charge for the crime that his lawyers have insisted was only pinned on him because he is Muslim. ", Patricia Owens, the mother of Sarah and Amina Said, takes the stand in the trial of Yaser Said. After the 2008 killing, Patricia Owens, Yaser Said's former wife, told FBI agents that Yassein Said made statements to her indicating he had little remorse for the victims, but indicated. On Thursday, the mother of Amina and Sarah Said took the stand. Now prosecutors are picking at every issue in his story. If convicted, Said will face life in prison. And he controlled everything in his household, prosecutor says, Find your bookmarks in your Independent Premium section, under my profile, Mother of murdered girls calls ex-husband the devil in honor killings trial. Patricia Owens, YaserSaids former wife, had not seen him since New Years Day of 2008 when he took their daughters Amina, 18, and Sarah, 17, to dinner and insisted on going alone so they could talk. After leaving for Garland, Texas, Owens said that she ultimately had to file another report with local police after Said and his brother repeatedly called her and threatened harm if she didnt obey them and return. Where is Patricia Said Today? Long after the murder, Patricia continued to be haunted by the deaths of her daughters. Saids three public defenders argue this was a botched police investigation fixated on a Muslim man in a post-9/11 world full of Islamophobia. The state wants to convict Yaser for being Muslim in 2008," said Patton. She told jurors about a conversation she had with a frantic Amina the day of the murders. Start your Independent Premium subscription today. Patricia Owens, the mother of Amina and Sarah Said, took the stand Thursday. Before she died, Sarah was able to call 911 and told the operator, "Help, my dad shot me! Saids abusive tendencies were evident early on when he sliced her leg open with a knife for refusing to have sex with him. But the prosecution's questioning of law enforcement showed the evidence pointed to Said, who disappeared the night of the murders. At this time, you are nothing. Cross examination is done with Patricia Owens (mom of Sarah and Amina) - who testified that when girls returned home days before their murders Yaser Said appeared happy; when Amina came back last . In the weeks leading up to the murders, prosecutors allege Said had grown angrier after feeling he had lost control of his wife and daughters, who had been dating non-Muslim men. Got a tip? On Friday, graphic crime scene evidence was shown to the jury, including bullet-riddled clothing worn by the girls on the night of the murders. Amina knew what could happen to her."] The cause of death for both victims was listed as multiple gunshot wounds and homicide as the manner of death. Detective Kevin Hubbard, a dispatch supervisor, and the Irving Fire Department tried to get information from the unidentified caller but couldnt. "Under no way, this is honor killing. Defense lawyers unsuccessfully tried to limit the scope of cross-examination. Patricia Owens confirms a photo of herself at age 14, a year before she married her former husband, Yaser Said, when he was 29. Defense attorney Joseph Patton said in opening statements that the evidence would not support a conviction, that police were too quick to focus on Said, who was born in Egypt, and suggested that anti-Muslim sentiment played into that focus. Patricia Said now lives under her maiden name Patricia Owens. "Because I believed behind this coverage there was a secret agenda. A boyfriend was not permissible under his rules. Each girl, they said, had been shot multiple times. Amina suffered two gunshot wounds, including a fatal wound to the chest. On New Years Eve, the day before the murders, they returned to Texas. And I feel the media was against me in a certain direction, that I would not get a fair trial," Said said. Owens said on the day her daughter returned Yaser appeared happy and he kissed her on the forehead and shed a tear. In her opening statement on Tuesday, prosecutor Lauren Black said that he controlled what they did, who they talked to, who they could be friends with, if they and who they could date. Owens said that on Christmas Day, after Said went to work, she and her daughters escaped to Oklahoma with their clothes in trash bags. The next day, however, Said reported them missing to the Lewisville Police Departmentforcing Owens to call an officer to insist she was alive and well but was fearful of her husband. Shortly after, her daughters recanted their sexual abuse allegations to the police. Black said the sisters, both high school students in Lewisville, dreamed of becoming doctors, and that Yaser Said grew "angrier" as they grew up and became more educated and independent. Please refresh the page or navigate to another page on the site to be automatically logged inPlease refresh your browser to be logged in, He controlled what they did, who they talked to, who they could be friends with, if they and who they could date. "I did. One such time was when the abuse allegations were revealed in 1998. The authorities think that the daughters were shot and killed around 7.30pm close to the Omni Hotel. Said's defense argued Owens' story had changed so much over the years that she was close to becoming a suspect herself and also claimed police were fixated on blaming a Muslim man for the killings instead of looking at other potential suspects. Prosecutors claim Said murdered the girls inside his cab in Irving because was upset that his children were dating. The shocking accusation against Yaser Said came during testimony by his ex-wife, Patricia Owen, in Dallas County Court on Thursday during his capital murder trial. He was finally arrested in August 2020 in Justin. It is that of Patricia Said, the mother. Later, Said added he heard about an accident and learned that his girls had been murdered. The last time she was him was the night Yaser Said. (FOX 4 Dallas-Fort Worth) Owens testified that "part of". He said he regrets leaving them alone and denied killing them. I was scared not to go back, Ms Owens said in court on Thursday. In a letter written to the judge overseeing the case, Said said he was not happy with his kids' "dating activity" but denied killing his daughters. While she left Said several times throughout their marriage, Owens said she always returned out of fear. Even then, Amina refused to go back to the house, fearful of the repercussions. "She didn't want to go back home, she would rather be dead than ever go back there," Moggio testified. @NBCDFW https://t.co/X5svQKi9it pic.twitter.com/ZmIM6Lof1n, Prosecutors asked Owens if she had any idea what might have happened to her daughters when they left to eat with their father and she said, Part of me did. "Because I believed behind this coverage there was a secret agenda. "That devil there," Owens said of Yaser Said, the man she . Yaser Said sat emotionless, holding a finger to his ear to listen to the disturbing audio. Amina and Sarah Said were murdered by their father Yaser Abdul Said an Egyptian immigrant on January 1st 2008. About a week before the sisters were killed, they and their mother fled their home in Lewisville to Oklahoma to get away from their dad, who worked as a taxi driver, Black said. Yaser Said had been a fugitive from justice since New Year's Day 2008, when he allegedly murdered his teenage daughters, Amina and Sarah. And I feel the media was against me in a certain direction, that I would not get a fair trial," Said said. Owens came face-to-face with her ex-husband for the first time since prosecutors say he killed their two teenaged daughters. In a letter written to the judge overseeing the case, Said said he was not happy with his kids' "dating activity" but denied killing his daughters. Owens said her ex-husband was abusive and controlling and would look over the girls' phone records and would call numbers to see if they belonged to a boy or a girl. Prosecutors did not pursue the death penalty, meaning Yaser Said receives an automatic life sentence. Owens appearance marked the third day of testimony in the prosecutions presentation against Said, whom they allege was obsessed with possession and control. That control, Owens said, included choosing where the family would live and who they would communicate with. Jurors heard a 911 call Sarah Said made by cellphone, telling the operator that her father had shot her and that she was dying. After six years, Yaser Said is still at large. If convicted, Yaser Said faces mandatory life in prison without the possibility of parole. The relatives were identified by the Dallas FBI as Said's brother Yassein and his son Islam. @NBCDFW https://t.co/X5svQKi9it pic.twitter.com/ZmIM6Lof1n, Prosecutors asked Owens if she had any idea what might have happened to her daughters when they left to eat with their father and she said, Part of me did. Said entered a not guilty plea Tuesday and faces an automatic life sentence if convicted. The last time she was him was the night Yaser Said. FBI had been in touch w/apt management bc Saids son lived there. The film furthers speculation the girls' father objected to his daughters living an "American lifestyle.". "Her look was in fear, she didn't look like she wanted to be there," said Amina's boyfriend Edgar Ruiz. "Nobody said they saw him that night. Amina was around eight years old at the time, while Sarah was seven years old. He wanted me to go back to him and if I didnt go back to him, he threatened to kill me and my family, Ms Owens said, The Daily Beast reported. Ms Owens added that another factor in the return to Texas was for Amina for graduate high school and not put her college scholarship at risk. One of those times, she said, was in 1998 after her daughters accused him of abuse. Reports suggest that she's in Arlington, Texas, having resided in several places before - including Bedford and Lewisville. As Owens testified, Said sat emotionlessly across the room. He told jurors he was not with the girls when they died and someone else is to blame. You deserve a lot more than what the judge gave to you. Defense lawyers unsuccessfully tried to limit the scope of cross-examination. The sisters boyfriends also joined them. The defense team claims that Said was targeted due to anti-Muslim bias. The Texas father accused of fatally shooting his daughters in the back of his taxi in an honor killing allegedly sexually assaulted the two girls years priorand then threatened to kill their mother if they didnt recant their claims to police. On Thursday, Patricia Owens, the mother of Amina and Sarah Said, took the stand Thursday. The charges were ultimately dropped after the girls recanted out of fear of their father, she said. Patricia Owens, who is . Retired Irving Det. It is wrong for the government to generalize an entire culture, criminalize an entire culture, to fit their narrative, and to fit their objective, Patton said on Tuesday. Each girl, they said, had been shot multiple times. However, Patricia herself, who married Yaser when she was 16, spoke about how he beat her. Patricia Owens, the mother of 18-year-old Amina Said and 17-year-old Sarah Said, takes the stand on the third day of trial of her ex-husband Yaser Said at the Frank Crowley Courts Building in . Prosecutors continue trying to build their case against a father accused of murdering his teenage daughters. The mother of two girls who were allegedly killed by their father has told his murder trial that he molested the teenagers. Authorities believe that the daughters were shot before 7:30 p.m. near the Omni Hotel. The father told the courtroom that he only wanted to take his two daughters to dinner on New Year's Day 2008 but on the road in his taxi, he said he saw someone following them. A member of the defence team claimed during opening arguments that Mr Said had been targeted for being Muslim, adding that all the 911 calls reveal is that Sarah was in extreme trauma. His defense said no one will testify they saw Said at the crime scene, adding police should have investigated the girls' mother or Amina's boyfriend. We took him into custody without incident., Reports at 4, 5 @NBCDFW Day 4 of Yaser Said cap murder trial.This Bedford apt maintenance worker is who IDd Said in 2017. Gimenez detailed the local and global search for Said who was on the FBIs Top Ten Most Wanted Fugitive list before his 2020 arrest at a home in Justin. Sarah Said was born March 6, 1990. Black said Sarah Said was shot nine times and Amina Said was shot twice. Said was nowhere to be found. "Theres no forensic science to it.". [ATTORNEY: "Ms. Owens this is a tough question. The medical examiner found 1,500 milliliters of blood in Aminas right chest cavity, the equivalent of three water bottles. DALLAS, Texas - Yaser Said was back in court on Thursday after an emotional day of testimony from some of the first membersof law enforcement to visit the murder scene of Said's two daughters. The next day the girls brother Islam Said, said to the media that Amina and Sarah got what they deserved because they knew the rules. Owens claimed that she knew the girls had boyfriends and knew Said would be angry if he found out, adding that Said eventually found out about the girl's boyfriends and threatened one of the girls with a gun. Yaser Abdel Said, a strict and controlling father, is suspected in the 2008 shooting death of his two daughters in Texas. I left the car for them," he said. FBI agent Daniel Gimenez, who led the federal governments effort to track down Said, took the stand Friday afternoon. During opening statements Tuesday morning, prosecutor Lauren Black said Said was "obsessed with possession and control.". Closing arguments concluded and jury deliberation began shortly before 11 a.m. Yaser Said took the stand in his own defense Monday and said he is not the blame for the 2008 murders of his daughters. Dr. Brasheer Ahmed, with the Muslim Community Center in North Richland Hills, told NBC 5 in 2020, following Said's arrest, that murder was against Islamic principal.

Matt Hennessy Attorney, Articles P

patricia owens yaser said